Michael Jay and I join forces to co-create a rich program of healing sound and restorative movement designed to rejuvenate, restore, and revitalize. In this 2.5 hour workshop, we'll explore practices that balance our senses and elevate our awareness. Sound coupled with deep listening offers us the ability to swiftly focus the mind, ground the body, and opens us to new possibility.
Using simple movements and yoga postures, toning, breathwork, and restorative practices, we'll prepare the body then melt into a practice cultivating deep listening. We invite you to get comfortable and sink in! Our sound journey will weave a broad palate of instruments, textures and overtones through the use of gongs, sruti box, Himalayan bowls, tuning forks, mantra, and angelic vocal improvisation.
Grand Gong Master Don Conreaux who created the term and experience of the "Gong Bath" more than 40 years ago says "The secret of the gong is its tremendous potential for healing and rejuvenation, that's really what we want to bring out to the world. Because the gong covers the full spectrum of sound, it vibrates all the cells and bones and organs, some more than others, depending upon the pitch of the gong or what the person listening needs. You feel an influx of energy coming from it in your body as well as hear it. This "musical touch" which actually turns the body into one big ear, creates a sense of ecstasy of well-being."
Join us in a magical evening designed to calm the nervous system and reset your innate healing capacities.
In this workshop, you will:
- Cultivate deep listening and experience this skill as a catalyst for ecstatic well-being
- Discover the power and overtones of the Gongs to clear the body and open the heart
- Sink into Restorative Yoga with Tibetan singing bowls, gongs, and Cypress' angelic vocal improvisation and mantra
- Learn a guided seated meditation using sound to sharpen your awareness
- Receive individual hand-on sound healing with bowls and tuning forks during the closing of our restorative practice
- Plus a special altar designed by Cypress to contain and catalyze our sacred space